Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Flic app for PC/Windows

So no need for phone or tablet, for when you have a house sitter things still work!

287 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I connect my flic with my PC? is this not possible? the only reason I bought it was for a function related to PC/ windows. It is advertised as a a button that can do almost anything, they should have add ,only for Mac users

• Ed Bover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

just bought flic button, but can't find out how can I use this button to work as a mouse klick..

If anybody knows how to do this for PC, please write me on my e-mail ed.bover@gmail.com

I will pay for your help.

Thank you in advance

• 56z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to use your Linux/Windows PC to connect and set the Flic up. A public SDK could also allow for more possibilities.

• Joshalot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be a program that you can download and it has functions such as run programs (click browse and then select the program) it could send emails (pick an email (hotmail, gmail etc) and the contact and then the message). it could have steam integration so you can send messages to certain contacts on steam e.g a notification that you're streaming) it could work with fraps/OBS and be able to start recording when you press the button. It could have the feature of external input so you could plug in a webcam/camera via HDMI and a mic and be able to click the button and have all 3 (fraps/obs, camera/webcam and mic) start recording at the same time! These are just some ideas! Hope you use them

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, I too would love a desktop application that functions as the mobile platform. However as a quick solution much of what we want could be triggered via a self hosted web page which is running some php. Flic can execute http requests through the mobile app. Maybe have it point at your webserver and have php initiate your scripts or processes.

• Nathan Hutchison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something based on https://developer.chrome.com/apps/bluetooth would mean it would work on most platforms. Not to mention make integrations really easy to write.

But flic is like the other IoT (lifx comes to mind) products that talk about being flexible, connected and open but still have undocumented onboarding protocols, proprietary apps and cloud services.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be a great thing to be able to connect Flics via Bluetooth adapter to PC. I mean that a USB dongle should be built to enabling communication between Flics and PC.

• ezieger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't this be accomplished using virtualbox or something similar to install android in a virtual environment? To be honest, I haven't played with it much (reads: all) so I don't know how realistically one could configure it to use Bluetooth but it seems like a possibilty. Disabuse me of my optimism. What am I missing?

• Stutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flic App for PC compatible with home automation software, like Homeseer. Then Flic can run anything, lights, water, entertainment, all events, etc. Can do this with IFTTT but it's not direct.

• Mattias Månsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the only reason I bought them was that I hope someone will reverse engineer the protocol or if we're lucky we get drivers from your own devs...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base