Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Make Flic compatible with Apple Homekit

Make it compatible with Apple's Homekit to take advantage of older, existing home automation systems and their newly created Homekit bridges. (e.g. Insteon) This will greatly increase the number of devices it could control.

124 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mtenove shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or add the flic functionality to home/homekit via hombrige (available via github.com)

• Xavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Hub should definitely be a bridge for Homekit support. It would completely change the way we use it. With the IR accessory it could even let us control IR receivers (like the TV) from other Homekit accessories.
    I know there is Homebridge, but I don't want to have to setup an always running machine just for that.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy if HomeKit was just on the Hub. Its the single biggest reason to buy Flic and without it, they are really just toys as far as home automation goes. This would be a huge market for Flic if you had it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the first things people ask when I tell them about Flic - Does it support HomeKit? Increase your customers! Get it working with HomeKit.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge market for that. Is there any obvious obstacles for you to implement?

• Jeoffrey Thirot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When can add also a custom protocol on request system for iOS app ?
    Because I already try to implement the iOS sdk on my app, and after fews try I just abandoned 😞

• David Parry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Homebridge is a platform that allows developers to add HomeKit support for IoT devices that don't.

I wrote a flic plugin for Homebridge, which allows you to set up automation based on button presses.

I run Homebridge on RPi which connects to the flic buttons, so anyone can use them rather than one person with a single mobile.

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge
    https://github.com/devbobo/homebridge-flic

• David Parry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Homebridge is a platform that allows developers to add HomeKit support for IoT devices that don't.

I wrote a flic plugin for Homebridge, which allows you to set up automation based on button presses.

I run Homebridge on RPi which connects to the flic buttons, so anyone can use them rather than one person with a single mobile.

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge
    https://github.com/devbobo/homebridge-flic

• Anders Åslund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the most obvious features not implemented yet!? A first version could just toggle simple features like lights and scenarios. Not that hard to fix imho.....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd put all 10 of my votes here if I could, my home is run off of Homekit.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would save you from having to have iPad and iPhone there as these are mobile devices. The AppleTV4 is usually just sitting at home and not going anywhere. Would be a great application with flic.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got my Flic button and it's wonderful but significantly limited by the bluetooth connection to my phone (can;t be paired to more than 1 phone at a time). i.e. If I'm out of the house with my phone no one in my family can use the Flic. This would be addressed by a bluetooth link to a HomeKit bridge which I use for my Hue lights and Nest thermostats and it's brilliant :-) HomeKit is much faster than IFTT so for this device is a better fit in my view. Hope this is useful feedback :-)

• Michael Freyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be possible, as HomeKit relies on Bluetooth just like Flic, right?
    Possibilities are endless and only limited by the devices, that are available with HomeKit support.

Feedback and Knowledge Base