Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Integrate flic with a fingerprint sensor

Include a fingerprint sensor so that no one misuses it while you're sleeping. For example if you have set it to call your girlfriend, your parents dont access it while you are away. Or if you have a troublesome brother, he doesnt changes the light pattern you've set your room to. Or if you want to listen to a specific music, no one turns it off. And many more.

84 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aditya Verma shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not practical, cost effective, or possible with the current form factor and battery capacity.

• smit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all have it in our smart phones so why not in our Flic? The mini finger print scanner in today's smartphones can easily store 4-5 fingerprints. So if Flic can have fingerprints of our 5 fingers stored in it and if it can identify them all too, then we have 5 distinct ways to give commands to other gadgets connected with the Flic. It'll be like:

Index finger for taking selfies, Middle one for cutting calls and messaging "sorry, I am busy", back, Ring finger for the lights or TV and maybe opening electronic locks with our Pinky. It's all upto the user he controls the devices with tips of his fingers.

Being a lazy one, I believe that just putting your finger over a scanner is much more easier than pushing it 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or more times for controlling other devices and much worse is keep holding it for long time ("sigh") , I would rather go and turn the device manually On in just one click.
    Moreover, it will also improve the security issues as only I can control my personal gadgets,home appliances and electronic devices.

Apart from all of the above pro's there are still some issues with it's design. The Flic team may have to work to put all this in the same size as the current button type Flic. However as suggested in other Ideas I strongly recommend using a smartphone as main control device which communicates with other gadgets through Wi-Fi hot-spots, though user still gives instructions to the Flic scanner which are forwarded to the phone using the required protocol. This will reduce the complexity of this whole Idea and will also help in reducing the Flic's size.

Well i find a Flic scanner switch much more cooler then the previous push-button switch design, how about you? :)

• Joe Sameh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fingerprint sensor is great idea, add to it 1) ability to manage multiple fingerprints 2) manage multiple triggers based on fingerprint match (each match gets unique trigger) or not match

Feedback and Knowledge Base