Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Add a magnet sticker to flick

It'd be nice to have a magnet on flick. This would allow us to put flick on boards, walls, fridges.... and many more.

80 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

max shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TagAcam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're developing a waterproof case for Flic with a magnetic base. It should be available soon.

• Chad Baldwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a quick comment to add on to this idea.

The double sided tape that would be used for the back of the base should be provided separately and not already stuck on. WIth my Echo remote, it came with a piece of double sided tape separate. Which was perfect for me because I just mount the base to the metal fridge, so i don't need the sticky part.

This is one of the flaws I've found on the flic. It should have come separate. I usually keep my flic in my pocket when I'm out and about. So it's annoying to have that piece of plastic covering the sticky part on back.

Yeah, Like I said, I just use cheap magnets that I bought online and they work fine, but I still think this is a base they could make and people would buy it. Just would be nice to have something that matched the sleek look of the flic, rather than using a generic commercial item.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are commercial stuff like this: magnet with self sticky on one side. Buy one and live happy!

And maybe a plain flat back for the Flic to accompany it. I never use the sticky portion on mine, and the clip is inconvenient for me personally. I usually just keep it in my pocket, or I use small neodymium magnets stuck to the wall to temporarily mount it places around the house.

Make a magnetic base for the flic. This will work with the flic without requiring any design changes as it will attract the battery, the base just has to fit the flic. It would be sticky on one side, and magnetic on the other.

This base could be used/mounted in two ways...since it has a magnet, it could be mounted to anything metal/magnetic (sorry SS fridge owners...lol). And the sticky portion could be mounted to anything non-magnetic.

This idea is derived from the remote holder for the Amazon Echo. It is sticky on the back, but the magnets are strong enough to use them as mounts on anything magnetic as well as hold the remote.

Feedback and Knowledge Base