Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Make a Windows/Windows Phone app

115 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daylen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, need the button to be programmable. I want to be able to press ALT when not standing next to my desk/keyboard to initiate capture on a tethered camera. This would be perfect. PLEEEAASE.

• Ingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide us a Windows Universal App. I´am a real microsofty and use only Surface devices.
    Your button is so simple and great and can do exactly that what i search long time for. But i don´t want to by any iOS or Android devices only to get the flic Buttons to run.

• Ilkka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much.. I found fliclib-windows from github.. Compiled an own .NET client and it worked! :-)

• Ilkka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes.. what we need is a Windows .NET SDK.. The application development has then so much possibilities.. just think for example our work place's production line.. easy to put the buttons where needed without cables..

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously need this so others in the house can use the flicLights when my phone is out of range.

• Kevin Baugh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure would like to have a Windows 10 ap to control things at home without having to have a phone in the house what if the person that has the phone is not home the button is worthless

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I need in my life, I just want it to support my hardware.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows is surely not a niche OS no-one would have heard of?
    I appreciate it is an extra resource demand for your designers.
    Yet, restricting access to the Apple/Google duopoly only, obviously feels quite excluding for the rest of us.
    Most other apps have been able to manage it?
    - Jacko

• Dave Hogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a number of lifx bulbs and I was surprised by the lack of windows 10 integration. Windows 10 is on more than 300 million machines and growing. Desktops are in a lot of homes and stationary non mobile making them excellent hubs / servers for devices like flic.

• Sven Erik Matzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As soon as there is some sample code and a statement that flic does support (!) windows universal apps I would buy some and start development - for windows phone, windows desktop and windows IoT on my pi ... but it seems not be attractive to get "all windows users" as a selling target - may be the idea of a button that can be carried around does suppress the idea of a button that can be used on any platform (iOS, OSX, Android, Linux, Windows 10, Windows Server, Windows Phone, PI) with a single code base (Xamarin/.net)?

• test commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make a Windows mobile app. Android OS's are not safe, because most HW will not get any security update in their HW life. About 80% over the whole life time of your phone, you have unresolved security issues in your Anddroid OS (see CT). iOS phones are too expensive.
    MS is able to deliver security updates when needed.

• andrecarlucci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a server running windows 10 on my house controlling every automation there. I would be great to add flic buttons everywhere :)

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needed as when.I'm out or even when moving from room to room in my house, my mobile is all too often.out of range for.my Flic button.
    If a Windows 10 app was available, I could sync all (via By) to my home pc and my 'light switches' (may use.for my Flies) would work well!
    Please develop.
    All the Best,
    Darren

• Martin Widmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a Windows 10 Universal App is really necessary. It would allow many tablets and phones to use Flic. Other idea: a gateway box which connects the buttons directly to the internet and IFTTT.

• Sÿl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed please make a Windows 10 Universal app! (Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile...)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base