Control my SmartThings Smart home!
I plan on integrating Flic into my SmartThings setup to control my home. I will be able to control scenes and other automation tasks to control my Hue bulbs, GE Link bulbs, thermostat, my theater setup. I currently have 47 internet connected devices and flic is going to be my way to control my home without needed to unlock my phone.
The options are endless!!
1. Hit flic and dim my lights and set me motions sensors to movie mode as to not to disturb me while i watch a movie.
2. Am i cold? Hit flic twice and my thermostat will go up 2 degrees for a short period of time to "boost" my home temperature.
3. Dark when i come home? Hit flic and all my first floor lights will come on.
4. One by my bed stand to put my home in "bedtime mode" so my lights dim lower if i move about the house during the night but also to have my Sonos tell me if all my doors and locks are secure.
5. PANIC BUTTON - If i see/hear and intruder i can hit the button next to my bed and my lights will start to flash my alarm will go off and my sonos will alert them that i am calling to cops.
Just a few of the ideas i have running around in my head. So excited to get my flics!
Also imagine if it was 'time aware' - http://ideas.flic.io/forums/283403-flic-ideas/suggestions/14749884-time-aware-flic-app
David Smith commented
You can do it through IFTTT but it requires custom device types and is clunky. Would be nice to be able to do it directly.
Chad Baldwin commented
Definitely agree. I have a SmartThings hub. Would love to see a WIFI, Zigbee or Zwave version of the Flic...SmartThings announced with the V2 hub that it has bluetooth support, but they haven't enabled it yet :(
A smartthings smart would be a great addition, allowing much more detailed control than just through IFTTT...and eliminate a middle man!
+1 on Smartthings integration. Have a hub at home and in the RV. Would love to see this marriage. I'm using Flic for some Smartthings at home via IFTTT integration but it can be slow.
Ron S commented
70 devices waiting to be "flic"ed!
Michael Andreas Langkilde commented
Great ideas. Endless options if integrated into SmartThings. Can be used as a momentary or toggle!!!
Make it compatible with the SmartThings hub
Use Flic as a simple but colourful Bluetooth button in home automation systems (e.g. next smartthings hub) and even your grandma can use automated devices
Adam Ahrens commented
Allowing someone to open or close their garage door, turn on/off lights, and lock/unlock doors.