Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Turn on the damn lights! (LIFX and Hue)

I have invested in smartbulbs; lightbulbs that you can turn on and off with your smartphone. The problem is that you don't always bring your smartphone everywhere you go. And what if the batteries are out? What if you forget your phone at work? Old light switches just worked.

I would like to simply replace my existing light switches with Flic buttons. That way my lights start working like normal people expect them to.

It isn't groundbreaking, but its extremely useful.

97 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Emil Stenström shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone should definitely come up with a new switch plate which allows you twist your a flic or several flics into it with a hidden compartment which allows you to manually turn your light on and off.

• Rojar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you forget your phone, flic doesn't work... flic needs to be in bluetooth range of your phone to function.

• Beav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quentin -

While I can see the advantage of the Switchmate for renters, etc. they are pretty clunky looking devices. If someone wanted to replace just one switch in a multi-switch gang it looks even worse. Being able to remove switches and covering them with a blank plate then placing a Flic button on top of the plate (or even multiple buttons) would be so much more appealing. I can even envision Flic supplying cover plates with indented spots for mounting the buttons, centered and with reduced height. This would cure so many problems for those trying to introduce home automation while saddled with pre-existing devices. Imagine a one button dimmer switch (quick press toggles on/off, long press increases/decreases.) I can see myself replacing most of my wall switches.

Then there's that little price-point thing... ;-)

• Jay+ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you know you need an app between the button and the device you want to control, right?...

Feedback and Knowledge Base