Idea Forum

I suggest ...

Allow setting of variables (Boolean, strings and decimals) and use them in if comparison to determine if actions should be performed.

Sometimes the toggle function can have two actions inverted when one is already active, e.g. I come home and somebody is already playing music. Pressing the flic then turns on the light but turns the music off. By setting a variable, 'at home=false', and using an if loop I could make sure that it turns both the lights and music on instead of toggle and turn both off under the else part of the loop.

Also, I have a Tasker routine running from my phone which I'd like to transfer to the hub. At night it gets the sunrise time and when I trigger the wake-up sequence, it checks if the time is before sunrise and turns the lights on if it is. If I could store the variable from the http get command, and (maybe a big ask) manipulate it with Java, I could do the same comparison on the hub so that everybody at home can use it. Attached some parts of the Tasker code I use now.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →