Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Allow the use of Flic Hub's IR blaster through IFTTT

Allow the Flic Hub's IR blaster to be used as a "Then" on IFTTT. Example : associating an IR blaster command to be triggered by a voice command to my Google Home.

60 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Julien Augereau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure, do you already have Harmony Hub set up with Home Assistant? If so, then there will be a file in your config directory called "harmony_REMOTENAME.conf". It contains names and ID numbers for all of the activities and devices you have set up, and commands for each device. You can directly send single commands to these devices using the remote.send_command service. Docs with an example here: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/remote.harmony/

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi James, would you share details of your Harmony Hub / Home Assistant work around please?

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also gave up waiting and just ended up using Logitech Harmony. You can use HomeAssistant to fire specific IR commands to a room triggered by IFTTT etc.

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this! Ideally something we could trigger from a Raspberry Pi or similar, possibly as an HTTP request (if we fix the Hub to an internal IP address)

• Adriano Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would indeed be a hugely useful addition, but it's taking too long.

I just went for a 14€ Broadlink Mini working with a raspberry pi with home-assistant/homebridge, and with HomeKit compatibility!

• Phillip Paradis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful if my Good Night routine (triggered by a command to Alexa) could shut the TV off in addition to turning off the light and adjusting the bed frame position to flat, etc.

• Adriano Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. The IR blaster is fantastic, but unfortunately can only be used with the physical buttons. Would be amazing to control it through IFTTT, please make it happen. Imagine what could be done.

Feedback and Knowledge Base