Idea Forum

I suggest ...

Switch light on for a certain time

During the night my daughter often ask for us to put a light on. So we push the flic button and a hue lamp switches on on 1% and then after 5-10 minutes she is fast a sleep. And so are we, and then the light keeps on until I wake up again.

I would like to place the flic button in her room so she can press the button, the lamp switches on on 1% and then after 10 minutes the lamp switches off automatically.

Is this possible?

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bram shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminFlic Team (Admin, Flic by Shortcut Labs) responded  · 

[Changed to “started” because this is only available in the Android app]

Hi! This is possible with the Android Flic app! :) Here’s how to do it: When configuring the “click” you should add your first action, which is turning on the light. Then you can “chain” another action after that to turn off the light.
    The important thing is to delay this action by clicking the little clock icon at the top and setting the time you’d like.

For iOS at the moment this isn’t possible, unfortunately.

If you need more details we can help you out on the Community forum https://community.flic.io/ or at support@shortcutlabs.com

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

True, there is a delay/timer in the android app, but as I see it is not possible to put this delay function in the same action, to make it work you should do 2 actions: Ex. 1 click ‘Light On’ followed by a double click to start the ‘Light Off’ delay/timer - it's not smart - it should be done in one action, that will be smart :-)
        (One click ‘Light On’ – and after the desired delay the light goes out).
        That's what we're asking for.

Is this possible?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also isn't possible with android app because Android app cant connect to Ikea Tradfri bridge. Seems that Flic is still in beta stage. This is a shame when people are purchasing Flic buttons and wont get functionality as advertised. Little bit dissapointed Flics at this moment. I hope that users get things fixed ASAP. Not buing anymore flics until these flaws are fixed. :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base