Idea Forum

I suggest ...

Google Home/Alexa Integration

I'd like to see this be paired with google home/alexa. I don't like the idea of those devices listening all the time but these are waterproof and small to have a few around the house.
Click once to activate the voice recording to use either google home or alexa, double click to de-activate voice recording again. Hold to have it activate for a customised time period (like when cooking hold it to activate for an hour whilst cooking) then the voice activation is cancelled again.
This would give a LOT of the needed control of the constant listening which feels to many like a breach of privacy.

Do it and I'll buy four in a heartbeat!

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminFlic Team (Admin, Flic by Shortcut Labs) responded  · 

This is a great idea, and we’ve been wanting to implement this for a while now! Unfortunately, there are no public API’s for Alexa, Google Assistant or Siri yet, so we don’t have a way to wake them. We’ll keep pushing!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This wireless wake button, could help a lot of paranoid people happy, to press a button to make devices start listening. Also, those of us who get tired of saying the wake word or phrase over and over. And, if an optional Star Trek (like) communicator pendant worn with a magnetic button, would capture another LARGE demographic. I've wanted to build this since Alexa was released.

Feedback and Knowledge Base