LIFX toggles on/off based on actual on/off status
I have configured my Flics to toggle my LIFX lights on/off.
Single click: toggle 100% brightness, double click: toggle 50% brightness, long press: 5% brightness
It looks like the app (or cloud) stores on/off status light status in memory for each of the three clickmodes instead of retrieving the status from the light itself.
Suppose that I single press to turn on at 100% brightness, then double press to change to 50%, then double press to turn off. Then after a while I want to turn on the light again and do a single press. The light stays off, because the single press status is toggled to off.
Desired way of working:
1) Perform a Single/Double/Long press
2) The app retrieves the on/off status and colour/brightness status from the light itself.
3) If the light was off, turn on with desired colour/brightness
4) If the light was on, compare colour and brightness with desired values.
5) If colour/brightness matches turn off light
6) If colour/brightness were different then change colour and brightness to desired settings
Awesome positive response from Flic :-) I've just ordered several Flic's specifically for LIFX lamps
Fabian Bergmark commented
We have talked about this internally and decided that we will start polling the light state. It should be fixed within the coming weeks.