Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Trigger app shortcuts on Android (for all kinds of easy integration with other apps)

On Android the concept of "shortcuts" exists, which basically means deep-links or quick actions of other apps. An app can offer to create these shortcuts and place them on the home screen.

It is similar to triggering a custom intent, but easier to set up. Adding this feature would allow a lot of easy integrations with all kinds of other apps.

Some examples (depending on what apps you have installed): DropSync to files with dropbox, WhatsApp to open a specific conversation, the stock (or many other) music player to start a specific playlist, Greenify to hibernate all apps, sending a WOL request, ...

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roland Meyer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Linus Ljungblom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love having Flic as android app shortcut (not as notification shortcut). Any thoughts? It would be nice to use it to toggle on/off my smart lights without having to swipe to notification bar and then click. I.e you would save a few steps by triggering a action directly from the home screen.

• Roland Meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It works nicely on my device. The only thing is that it only shows me shortcuts which I have added to my home screen instead of allowing me to create new shortcuts. I have seen this in other apps, so I know it's technically possible. The current approach works, but might not be intuitive to all users as it requires extra steps outside of the app, namely adding the shortcut to the home screen (and deleting it again afterwards).

• Phuturist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make things so much easier and should not be hard to implement. So yes please!

Feedback and Knowledge Base