Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Time-aware Flic app

Add an extra step into the Flic app to define up to 4 times ranges per button prior to choosing your click types and attached actions.

Workflow as follows:
Select Flic in app > Select time range to define (default 00:00 to 23:59) > Select Click type
This action will now activate on click type within the specified time range.

Here's a working example:
I have Philips Hue lights in my room, one in my main globe socket, and a light either side of the bed.
With a single flic button by my bedroom door, and with an implementation of this feature I could -

5:30am-6pm:
Single Click = Main on/All off toggle (Daylight brightness),
Long Press = Main light activate for 5 minutes,
Double Click = Bedside lights activate for 5 minutes

6pm-9pm:
Single Click = Main + Bedsides on/All off toggle (Warm brightness),
Long Press = Main + Bedsides activate for 5 minutes,
Double Click = Main on

9pm-11pm:
Single Click = Main off, keep bedsides in current state (on or off)
Long Press = Bedside on with 5 min fade out,
Double Click = Bedside on

11pm-5:30am (to allow for bathroom trips):
Single Click = toggle bedsides 10% (deep blue color),
Long press = all fade out over 30 seconds, (as you get back into bed)
Double Click = all on warm 30% (for those times you have an early flight, but don't want to destroy your eyes)

With a simple inclusion of a time-based level of logic, we have comprehensive control of 3 lights in one room. Imagine being able to do that for every flic. You'd have a flic in every single room, and for so many related purposes, you could justify buying many flics.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I intend to try to implement this via the Linux API, but if it can be done in app, just imagine the benefits.
    It could even be an 'in-app purchase' extension - give your flics time awareness with a $5 in app purchase. It's a no brainer, especially if you have 4 flics, it's $1.25 per flic to give them super powers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base