Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Enable Airplay

Starting music With a flic of a button is great but streaming it to a Airplay enabled speaker would be even greater.

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Morten shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Johan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

October 2015 —> June 2019.

That’s 43 months, people. It’s not happening... :-(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But can flic turn on airplay on your phone to certain aiplay device. No need to flic control airplay device straight but on the phone side. Is this possible please comment quick, this is a deal breaker for me if flic nly can start music on your phone but can't turn airplay on on your phone.

• AdminFlic Team (CEO / Founder, Flic by Shortcut Labs) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone! Since we've gotten some recent comments on this topic we thought we'd let you know how users are currently controlling music through AirPlay devices with Flic.

You can program controls for your music app, such as Apple Music or Spotify, with any of the Flic apps, so for example you can click a Flic to play/pause the music, regardless of what speakers or AirPlay device it is playing through.

So for now the connection with Flic is via your music app, not directly with the AirPlay device. We hope this clarifies some doubts! Feel free to drop us an email at support@shortcutlabs.com if you have any specific questions :)

got today and dissapointed.. cant connect BOSE soundtouch, for philips HUE cant select a scene which to play when click....

• Codie Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate Flic with AirPlay, so that when pressed it selects a predefined AirPlay Device as part of a function. I.E "Play Spotify on Living Room Apple TV"

This is what I need got I bunch of buttons but disappointed when I couldn't connect it with my soundtouch from Bose. At least AirPlay will be nice.

Yes, obviously we need an action to enable Airplay on the phone. Here is what I want one of my 9 flics (which have not even arrived yet) to do:

1. Tell my harmony hub to start my apple TV action
    2. Have my phone start playing Raffi
    3. Have my phone airplay to my apple TV

End result: My 3-year old has a "Dance Party" button on the wall he can press! Amazing? Yes.
    Can you let us know if this is possible or if there's an apple API missing?

Feedback and Knowledge Base