Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Raspberry PI integration

I would be really glad if it was possible to let my Raspberry pi connect to the Flic-button instead of my phone.
In that way the automation would work even if I am not at home.

269 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Allan Vestergaard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some sort of SDK please. This would allow RPi, general Linux, OS X, etc support. Having these buttons tied to an iOS/Android device really limits their potential.

• Matt Gaunt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any API docs that explain how to connect to the flic via Bluetooth LE and receive events would enable the community to add support for a range of platforms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd expect/it's possible an actual "SDK" isn't needed, so much as just some documentation.

People keep mentioning IFTTT; this doesn't address the issue in any way. The OP wants to pair the Flic to his Raspberry Pi, and detect button presses with it. This way, a phone would not need to be present for the button to work. What's needed is a way for the Pi to detect the button presses. Again, IFTTT doesn't address this issue at all, as your phone is typically the bridge to IFTTT. If the OP wants to use IFTTT once the Pi can detect the button presses, then great, but there isn't a supported solution to do so currently.

• Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys.. has there been any progress on this at all? I for one would love something like this.. could be quite handy..so far I'm using tasker with the phone but it's not 100% quite what I want.. close.. but not quite.... kinda really hoping for an SDK of some kind?

I've been toying with bluz 5 gatttool. I can see this list of attributes:

attr handle: 0x0001, end grp handle: 0x0009 uuid: 00001800-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
    attr handle: 0x000c, end grp handle: 0x000f uuid: 00001801-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb
    attr handle: 0x0010, end grp handle: 0x0016 uuid: f02adfc0-26e7-11e4-9edc-0002a5d5c51b

The first two are normal ones - https://developer.bluetooth.org/gatt/services/Pages/ServicesHome.aspx and probably unrelated to being able to listen for the button.

I'll continue to google to see how to continue!

The flic app itself can be used to forward to IFTTT trivially. But of course this introduces more delay and you have to dedicate an android device to it...

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to create a door bell with one of my flic.
    This is the perfect situation where a raspberry is needed
    (as the phone is of course not always in the house when someone is ringing)

• Alecfoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IFTTT has a Maker channel, where triggering a HTTP req. can be linked with a "Then" (any ifttt integration). So what is needed is a Raspberry with a bluetooth dongle and the necessary code running as a cron job to sniff the press of a Flic button and then fire the HTTP req.

It is possible to build, someone just needs to do it :)

• Jean-Philippe Encausse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For everything at home it's a must have...
    Did someone know a kind of "Android Bridge" to forward click to IFTTT or a third party server ?

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base