Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

Better Sonos integration

As of now, The Sonos integration lacks some needed features.
• Sure, you can play/pause. But that will not solve the problem Start This Radio Station On This Speaker, unless that radio station on beforehand is on que in that speakers playlist. So, the play/pause feature needs the possibility to select a Sonos favorite to play.

• Sure, you can select a specific speaker. But if you have the Playbar set up for tv sound (as a group of speakers), all those speakers show up with the same name (see attachment). Should be possible to select either the group or any specific speaker (with unique names).

145 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Harmony HUB can select sonos favorites as actions. No reason flic can't do the same.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. No reason to buy Flic unless Sonos playlists and favorites can be selected.

• Tomaccop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE integrate VOLUME-Control for Sonos!!!!!!!
    That's why I bought Flics.

Agreed with these commenters need better Sonos integration. playbar/hometheartre setups aren't supported but most importantly being able to have flic call up a specific playlist/station is what we need

• Björn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sonos integration is the reason I bought flics for. Every Sonos speaker has a play/pause button, no need for a flic.

• Real commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess a long press will decrease the volume gradually to zero, then increase it until the flic is released...?

By the way; I'd like to flic-remote control PLAY/Pause on an iPad running iTunes or BigButtonMusicPlayer or GoButton or a similar audio app. After playing one song, the device should wait at the beginning of the next song until I press the Flic to start again. Could this be a workaround for that?

Spot on! I have a Sonos in the kitchen and when I'm doing washing up with the rubber gloves on I like to listen to music - only problem is being able to control the Sonos as it means taking the gloves off to control my phone. A flic stuck under one of the cupboards would do the job perfectly.

Just wondered, how do you see the volume up / down working from holding down the button? There's two actions there!

• Tomi Kyöstilä commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example set up your two play1 speakers as the rear speakers of your home theater. And other way. It is possible doing that with sonos but it needs for you to set the speakers up as new speakers. With that integration you could just move the speakers behind ypur couch and start a movie with 5.1 sound system and when your done watching the movie you can put the speakers back were they were and use them as multi room system.

Also other sonos features like play, pause, next song, mute...

Also multiple functions for one click would be great. For example click and same time your hue lights will go off and the music will stop and every automated home appliance will shut down so that it would be easy to leave home quickly without turning everything off one by one

• Per Forsberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A button to play/pause (1 click), skip track (doubleclick) or hold to increase/decrease volume for Sonos speakers. You can connect the flic to the speakers in the same room where the flic is placed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base