Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

Flic Ideas

YOUR IDEAS

Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

I suggest ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. IKEA Trådfri wireless control outlets

It would be nice if IKEA's Trådfri wireless control outlets could be added to the Trådfri feature in Flic

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed/implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lifx control using the LAN API (no internet)

At the moment the Lifx bulb control (on Android at least) is done using the HTTP API. That means that Flic is connected to the Lifx cloud account and the actions look like this:

Flic->Android app----->Lifx cloud----->Bulbs

The problem with that is that the delay after pressing the Flic is considerate and, worst of all, if the router loses conection to internet while still being powered up and offering WiFi then the button becomes useless.

It would be great if the Lifx actions supported the LAN API as specified here: https://lan.developer.lifx.com/docs/introduction

That way the bulbs can be controlled via WiFi…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Page turner for ForScore and Newzik for conductors.

I feel you could easily increase your sales with this addition to compatible applications. More and more musicians are using iPad Pros to read music from and conduct. The problem for conductors is the multiple page turns. The Flic is small enough to put in the palm of a conductors baton hand so you wouldn't need to turn pages by touching the screen. The two competitive applocations right now on the iPad are Newzik and ForScore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Raspberry PI integration

I would be really glad if it was possible to let my Raspberry pi connect to the Flic-button instead of my phone.
    In that way the automation would work even if I am not at home.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dead man's switch: Perform an action when flic is NOT clicked

Use Flic to say that everything is OK and have Flic perform an action if it's not.

Send a warning if you forgot to take your pills, notify your personal trainer if you're slacking off or publish your secret wikileaks data if kidnapped by evilcorp.

The possibilities are endless.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Kitchen Timer

1 press: 3 minute timer. Ever want to make the perfect poached egg? 3 minutes, done. Tired of bitter tea? Set a timer for 3 minutes so you don't over-steep. Ever put something back in the oven, *just for a few more minutes*, and come back to the oven 20 minutes later only because it was billowing smoke and your fire alarm was going off (yeah... Me neither...). Subsequent single presses will keep add additional minutes

Double Press: Start 10 minute timer / Add 10 minutes. Perfect home made cookies, every time. Also, it happens to be the average time…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Play/pause any app

Play/pause iOS media players other than music such as podcasts and any video currently playing.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Desktop App

Multiplatform Flic apps for: Windows 10, Mac OS X, tvOS, Roku, etc... This would allow the Flic buttons to be a permant fixture in a home automation workflow without relying on a single user's mobile device.

Most desktop machines have bluetooth making this a software add-on rather than a hardware limitation.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create PC and Mac connection for Flic

Connect Flic to stationary hardware as well. Another million uses for Bluetooth-equipped computers. No long arms needed to turn on music when You stand over by the copier.

Press button upon entering the office, shut off surveillance webcam and open browser by the time You reach Your desk.

Basically the same stuff as with mobile devices. Pure work luxury, impressed staff, elegant moves.....

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A flic as a doorbell

Stick one on my door and when someone comes to my house it notifies both my iPhone, iPad, iMac, etc that someone is at the door.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Waterproof flic.

Would allow for connection to smart devices, changing of music or youtube, and other things while in the bath.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We rate our buttons to IP44 standard which officially classifies them as splashproof. They are not fully waterproof and we do not recommend using them in environments where the button could be fully submerged or sprayed with water for more than 10 mins. However using it with wet hands, or just light splashing of water will not affect the button, so you could place them on the wall in the bath/shower :)

12. Request an Uber

Pick me up at the flic's location.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mute, increase or decrease volume on a Sonos system.

I would love to be able to mute, raise and lower volume with a flic. I would put one on the wall of each room so I could quickly adjust the volume or mute if the phone rings or I don't have my phone handy to open the Sonos app. If this was an option, I would definitely buy some flics. Is there a way to find out if this is possible?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Use Flic to control a presentation

Being able to hold a Flic in one hand and use to control a Keynote or PowerPoint presentation... Back, forward or blank screen depending on the number of clicks.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Http Calls (POST/GET) and REST API - Flic will become compatible with the WHOLE WEB!

Make Flic able to do standart POST/GET and maybe even REST api calls... in this way, you will be able to do REALLY anything with Flic!
    Post your location? Done!
    Open your door? Easy!
    Share a post on Facebook? You name it!
    In this way, Flic will become REALLY an open platform, users from all around the world will be able to do ANYTHING with it, not just what the devs conceived!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate with Spotify

Press Flic to control Spotify

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Call specific person / contact

Select one specific contact / phone number that should be called - perfect for calling e.g. your SO.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fake call from "somebody"

Use the Flic to make your phone get a call from a predefined important person. Makes it easier to leave a situation with an excuse.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base