Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

Flic Ideas

YOUR IDEAS

Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

1. Flic as a hardware reboot button, for swapping between partitions?

Say you're interested in gaming on your Mac - something even the most fanatical Apple users admit is better on the Windows platform. What if we used Flic to reboot the Mac into an existing Windows partition, and then again to reboot back t'the Mac partition once we're done gaming?

Does this sound possible? I'm afraid I've no idea myself, it's just something that came to mind when I saw the e-mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use Flic as an alternative to KillSwitch (Law in USA that is implemented state by state to allow authorities to kill mobiles for ever when s

Use Flic as an alternative to KillSwitch (Law in USA that is implemented state by state to allow authorities to kill mobiles for ever when stolen) and give your mobile possibility to judge if it stolen or not by help of Flic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Homedroid

Would be awesome to be able to trigger something on the Android App Homedroid (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ebertp.HomeDroid&hl=de)

that was originaly the reason why i bought flic... just can't use it with Homedroid yet :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. nagivgate guided view in android Comixology App (by Amazon)

I would be thankful for a flic that uses android system control to navigate (click) the guided view functions (next panel, previous panel, toggle full screen guided view in the Comixology App by Amazon. (identical structure in the Marvel and DC comics app) That way I can scree mirror phone to 55 inch TV and read comics the way nature intended. That way will not be distracted by phone while reading. Thank You for your consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. can I use flic to control my chamberlain garage door app?

can I use flic to control my chamberlain garage door app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A flic for your girl friend

Click - she's remembering you
    Double click - call when free
    Triple click - intimacy alert ;)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cordova / Phonegap plugin

I AM developing this Cordova plugin.

https://github.com/jguix/Cordova-Flic

Currently it needs some manual adjustments to be usable from an Android project, please check the file plugin.xml for instructions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. annual credit report

http://www.free-creditreports.co.uk/
    Please take advantage of the opportunity to get a free credit report each year online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. online free credit report

https://www.free-creditreportuk.co.uk : this procedure is simple and it can be painless. Please do not leave your credit by chance, however. If you look at it is the long run that your score is to ensure yourself that it is an accurate and high, to save the time and frustration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Flic works with my phone, but I also have old iPod touch (second gen). It'd just be nice for it to also be usable w/older devices as well.

I understand there may be some possible hardware issues in trying to set up compatibilities between a flic and such older devices but not all my bluetooth/Android devices are able to download the flic application. I also have a Samsung Galaxy digital camera (EK-GC200) with a 4.3 Android version that is unable to work with the flic app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. external switch for devices not able to connect to phone

This idea was sorta mentioned as "flic switch", but I don't think it got the amount of votes it deserves because it was described in engineering language!
    You should create a physical switch that connects to the app and can turn power on/off to a device. So if the current flick is the input, this would be the output.
    this would be useful for devices that dont current have a way of integrating with flick through the phone. Of course there are off the shelf products that do this, but it would be easier to set up if you it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A passive electronic fencing system

Passive system. When the button (whilst being worn or carried) moves out of a given area (e.g. a home network or by GPS coordinates) it automatically reports the action to pre-defined numbers. Handy for monitoring the movement of older relatives and children. This would work in addition to the active panic option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. WIFI or cheap 3g or 4g connection to order any services connected to your website.

If you can make it cheap and effective you can make it so that these buttons can be an ordering platform for small businesses everywhere. Businesses can pay you to have their product on your website, and the customers can buy the button and set it up with a quick code. its a free service for the customer, but the company pays for the service. Taxis, or any kind of delivery is possible with this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug fix? - When reading a text message, wait for reading to finish before starting next action in list

I like to use the Flic on my motorcycle, I have the double click action set up so that when I execute it, it pauses my music, waits a second, then reads my last text message, waits a second then plays my music.

However, the Flic app doesn't wait for the text message to be done reading before it plays the music, this can be annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a new action - click then hold

I've seen some other suggestions, but triple clicks and quadruple clicks are just too difficult to do consistently. However, click then hold is super easy. I thought about recommending hold then click, hold then hold...basically a morse code system of 2 digits...but I think anything starting with a hold is too difficult for some people. As I'm sure most of us just hold the button until it does something, rather than counting X seconds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Big blue audio connection

It would be nice if i could connect my iphone to flic and use my big big blue audio speaker to project the sound

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Boss Mode

Program a Flic so that you can be doing whatever you want one your computer, phone, etc. and the Flic immediately closes what you have on the computer and switches to an office-friendly, productive, and computer with boss-approved content. The Flic would be pressed whenever your boss comes by to check up on you, but you- welllll... aren't working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Flic Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base