Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

Flic Ideas

YOUR IDEAS

Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

1. Call specific person / contact

Select one specific contact / phone number that should be called - perfect for calling e.g. your SO.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Order with onlinepizza and get pizza delivered to my front door

I'd like to set it up with onlinepizza so that it orders my favorite pizza and gets it delivered to my front door

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Phillips Hue lights integration

I want to be able to press Flic to set a certain color in a whole room. Double click to set another color and hold to turn everything off.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Timestamp for tracking work on a project

I'm a consultant and work on several different projects. I want different Flics for each project and I want to click the Flic that represents the project I'm working on to track that I'm spending time on it :)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Track your working hours

It would be great if flic could be used to track when I get to work, when i leave and have an app connected that calculate if I work overtime or not. The app should also show my hour balance. Now get to work guys ;)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. IKEA Trådfri functionality

Would be cool if functionality for IKEA's smart lightning system Trådfri could be developed for Flic.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send SMS response to incoming call. "Sorry, I am riding my motorbike/bike right now and can't speak. I'll call you back when I arrive."

Send SMS response to incoming call. "Sorry, I am riding my motorbike/bike right now and can't speak. I'll call you back when I arrive." Useful for when wearing gloves and can't use screen/unable to reach phone.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fake call from "somebody"

Use the Flic to make your phone get a call from a predefined important person. Makes it easier to leave a situation with an excuse.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. for old people to press the flic to activate the inbuilt sos message feature in iphone and android

currently you can triple click your power button on your android phone to send an sos message to programmed contacts with your location. Can you programme the flic so old people can push the flic once to send the sos message?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add support for Android native camera, rather than using Flics built in camera app

I like that there's a way of taking pictures using the flic app...but I would prefer if the Flic just supported the stock Camera on android.

Also, to add on to a couple other ideas posted (Conditional Buttons/Configs), the flic button should be smart. When the Camera is open, then switch to camera controls.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. IKEA Trådfri wireless control outlets

It would be nice if IKEA's Trådfri wireless control outlets could be added to the Trådfri feature in Flic

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. book an Uber ride by sending a post prefilled with your home location

you could have the flic app authenticate with uber, or use a raspberry pi to send a POST like this

curl -v -H "Authorization: Bearer <OAUTH TOKEN>" \

-H &quot;Content-Type: application/json&quot; -X POST -d \ &#39;{&quot;start_latitude&quot;:&quot;37.334381&quot;,

startlongitude":"-121.89432",
    "product
    id":"a1111c8c-c720-46c3-8534-2fcdd730040d"}' \
    https://sandbox-api.uber.com/v1/requests

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find my mobile device

When somebody can not find his mobile device he can push Flic and an alarm and flashlight will start (should also disable mute if possible) geolocations will be send to an e-mail adresse.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pause/Play Sonos

When I am home, I play Sonos most of the day, either with Spotify or Tune In. I normally control this from my iPhone. Problem is, when my phone rings I need to figure out how to pause Sonos and answer the phone, which is hard to do all from the iPhone. I want to pause/play Sonos with Flic so I can answer my phone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Play a specific song one establishes on Spotify

I try to make fun out of ordinary moments in life so everytime there's a romantic situation playing out, someone talking about a random rendezvous, or just a couple making out I always get my phone out and play 'Careless Whisper' by George Michael (which starts with the Sax part) and everybody just breaks in laugh.

So if you guys can do this I would certainly make use of this feature to bring my 'Careless Whisper game' to a whole new level.

Try it now with your computer/phone and you'll see how fun it is.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better Spotify integration

Why can't I do prev/next control? It's the minimum I would expect..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Page turner for ForScore and Newzik for conductors.

I feel you could easily increase your sales with this addition to compatible applications. More and more musicians are using iPad Pros to read music from and conduct. The problem for conductors is the multiple page turns. The Flic is small enough to put in the palm of a conductors baton hand so you wouldn't need to turn pages by touching the screen. The two competitive applocations right now on the iPad are Newzik and ForScore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Dead man switch functionality

Record video while holding flic.
    Mute volume/pause music while flic is pressed.
    Stopwatch while flic is pressed.
    So on and so forth...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Flic Ideas

Categories