Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

Flic Ideas

YOUR IDEAS

Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

1. The "Goodnight" Flic

Crawl into bed, flic the Flic to simultaneously turn off or dim all lights, shut garage door, lock all doors, set Nest to nighttime temp, start Dropcam recording ... maybe even text a loved one a goodnight kiss.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed/implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delay option for hue!

It would be nice to get an delay option for the hue lights. For example: click at the flic turns some lights on and 5 minutes after the click my lights go off!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! This is possible with the Android Flic app! :) Here’s how to do it: When configuring the “click” you should add your first action, which is turning on the light. Then you can “chain” another action after that to turn off the light.
    The important thing is to delay this action by clicking the little clock icon at the top and setting the time you’d like.

For iOS at the moment this isn’t possible, unfortunately.

If you need more details we can help you out on the Community forum https://community.flic.io/ or at support@shortcutlabs.com

3. A flic that glows in the dark

Make it easier for people to find them in the dark.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dead man's switch: Perform an action when flic is NOT clicked

Use Flic to say that everything is OK and have Flic perform an action if it's not.

Send a warning if you forgot to take your pills, notify your personal trainer if you're slacking off or publish your secret wikileaks data if kidnapped by evilcorp.

The possibilities are endless.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delivering the flic to early backers

I suggest you finally deliver the flics to your early kickstarter backers. Ordered november 2014. After one year still no delivery.
    That should be your NUMBER 1 priority

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute, increase or decrease volume on a Sonos system.

I would love to be able to mute, raise and lower volume with a flic. I would put one on the wall of each room so I could quickly adjust the volume or mute if the phone rings or I don't have my phone handy to open the Sonos app. If this was an option, I would definitely buy some flics. Is there a way to find out if this is possible?

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use Flic to open Shazam to ID a music track or song

Flic activates Shazam which then ID's the music playing without you having to get your phone out, unlock, launch Shazam and hit listen - by which time the song you want to ID has changed

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Connection with the Spotify app instead of playing music in the Flic app

Now, when you open Spotify and listen to your music and press on a Flic to skip to the next song, it will open the Flic app and plays your music from there while the song in the Spotify is also still playing...

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. doorbell for deaf

I'm deaf and I like good idea a Flic doorbell to my iPhone and LIFX bulb yellow or green light,

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My wake-up button

I will place my Flic on the side of my bed. When my iPhone alarm rings in the morning I will click the Flic and it:
    1) Stops the iPhone alarm.
    2) Turns on the light (HUE) in the bathroom.
    3) Turns on the Sonos in the bathroom.
    4) Start a 5 min timer on my wife and kid's iPhones (optional).

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. HTTP control using post/get method

Be able to just type in a http command to control tv, lights, heating, door locks. You name it...

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Flic station/hub connected to the flics

Offer a station/hub/bridge for flics that is connected via bluetooth to the buttons and to the services the flics would do connected to the phone. The hub should use the settings set on your phone app.

So you do not have to have your phone near the flics to make the actions work.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Desktop App

Multiplatform Flic apps for: Windows 10, Mac OS X, tvOS, Roku, etc... This would allow the Flic buttons to be a permant fixture in a home automation workflow without relying on a single user's mobile device.

Most desktop machines have bluetooth making this a software add-on rather than a hardware limitation.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use Flic to skip to the next song on Sonos (Players don't have any forward button)

Sonos players don't allow you to skip to the next track. I don't know why, all music services allow it but Sonos only lets you skip forward on the app.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Turn Page

As a musician reading iPad music, I need somethig simple that will turn the page forward (click) and backward (double click) while my hands are busy performing.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Find my phone

Let my phone ring

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. IFTTT/DO/Tasker/Zapier Integration

There are so many automation "links" out there, that there is no need to integrate FLIC with hundreds of different actions. If it is a trigger in IFTTT(or whatever), then it can trigger all kinds of things.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lifx control using the LAN API (no internet)

At the moment the Lifx bulb control (on Android at least) is done using the HTTP API. That means that Flic is connected to the Lifx cloud account and the actions look like this:

Flic->Android app----->Lifx cloud----->Bulbs

The problem with that is that the delay after pressing the Flic is considerate and, worst of all, if the router loses conection to internet while still being powered up and offering WiFi then the button becomes useless.

It would be great if the Lifx actions supported the LAN API as specified here: https://lan.developer.lifx.com/docs/introduction

That way the bulbs can be controlled via WiFi…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Click once - more actions at once

More than one action for "one click" - e.i. Click once - "turn on hue" AND "turn on Sonos" AND "use harmony hub and shut of TV"

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Flic Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base