Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

Flic Ideas

YOUR IDEAS

Have an idea on how to make Flic better? Or do you want us to build some new, clever integration?

Show off by posting your idea below, and vote for the ones already here. The more votes, the greater chance of us developing it!

1. Find my phone

Let my phone ring

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed/implemented  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Snapping Images and Starting Video Recording... From A Drone!

I am an avid drone flyer. I use my drone for aerial photography and videography. Currently I have to remove my hands from the controls to tap the screen on my iOS or Android Device in order to start or stop recording video, or to snap a picture. I am hoping that I can mount multiple Flics to the back of my RC Transmitter and assign them to do these functions without my hands ever leaving the sticks. That would be awesome!!!!

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Great morning routine

In the morning stop my alarm clock with a single click, start the espresso machine with a double click and turn up the bathroom heater with a long click - all with the same button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create PC and Mac connection for Flic

Connect Flic to stationary hardware as well. Another million uses for Bluetooth-equipped computers. No long arms needed to turn on music when You stand over by the copier.

Press button upon entering the office, shut off surveillance webcam and open browser by the time You reach Your desk.

Basically the same stuff as with mobile devices. Pure work luxury, impressed staff, elegant moves.....

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn off and on the smart bulbs!

Button can be sticked on the bed side where one sleep and buy tapping it can toggled on and off and long tap can change color to random or favourite one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Track if meds are taken, cat is fed, etc.

A lot of people have trouble remembering to take their medications. If you set up a Flic press when you take them, you can have an app remind you (or a caregiver) that you haven't taken them yet.

This also works for housemates making sure pets get fed, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Flic could be attached to the white cane for blind people

Nowadays blind people use smartphones, both iOS and android, even if iOS is most popular as it has most accessibility features. We use it for GPS, for reading, writing, communicating, playing, and also to recognize object. I have the idea of a Flic attached to my White cane - the aid used to walk, I mean-, flic is attached on the handle and when pressing the button it can: - one pressing: tell me where I am; double-pressing: read points of interests around me; long press: call taxi number I have configured into an app. Or, the long pressing, may…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Use Flic to send a 'I am busy' message for incoming call

use flic to send the 'I am bust' message to incoming call for when you do not want to be disturbed and phone is out of reach

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The "Goodnight" Flic

Crawl into bed, flic the Flic to simultaneously turn off or dim all lights, shut garage door, lock all doors, set Nest to nighttime temp, start Dropcam recording ... maybe even text a loved one a goodnight kiss.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IFTTT/DO/Tasker/Zapier Integration

There are so many automation "links" out there, that there is no need to integrate FLIC with hundreds of different actions. If it is a trigger in IFTTT(or whatever), then it can trigger all kinds of things.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Assistance for the disabled or mobility impaired

A lot of simple tasks are difficult for folks with mobility impairment. Having a button on your person that you can use to... get the lights, unlock the door, answer the intercom, turn on the TV... there are a lot of use cases here! For the elderly, this might include a panic button that can send your GPS and a brief message to a trusted person.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. One click games

Games like flappy bird

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multiple suggestions

Flic should be able to track fitness. Also you guys have to make sure you use a good silicone beacuse i feel like the bright colors with get dirty easily. Adding a microphone to flic would enable calling through flic without pulling out the phone. Adding apple pay would be another good feature. Making a flic that is bendable to fit on any surface would also add more placement options. Finally making custom silicone cases for full customization and personalization.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use Flic to open Shazam to ID a music track or song

Flic activates Shazam which then ID's the music playing without you having to get your phone out, unlock, launch Shazam and hit listen - by which time the song you want to ID has changed

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed/implemented  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flic + Voice recorder

Flic of the wrist!
    Can always think of tricky situations in public or at work where you can't take your phone out that you want to record audio such as college lecture, meeting, audio note or potentially litigious conversation (hopefully not).
    With flic you could be ready for those moments! Use the clip to attach it to the inside of your cuff, watch or bracelet and with one press it records and with two it stops. Would also work great with IFTT (Which everyone should vote for!) to save audio recordings to the cloud storage when finished.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Voice recorder does work on the devices we have tried although it’s admittedly not very user friendly. When you start voice recording for the first time, it starts recording. When you execute the action a second time, it stops. The audio files are stored in your device memory (device Storage) in the folder Flic/Audio. We will look into how we can make the Action more intuitive, suggestions are very welcome!

20. Near the front door - switch my home automation to "Away" as I leave.

This setting already handles turning off lights, enabling security features, etc, but I need a good trigger for it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Flic Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base